Troubleshooting & Safety How To Clean Pool Sand Filters
FILTER FREE is effective in removing scale, rust, cosmetics, oils, etc. which commonly reduce the performance of sand, diatomite, and cartridge filters. It's dry granular form makes it easy to use with greater handling safety.
PRECAUTIONS: DO NOT LET THE PUMP RUN DRY. DO NOT BACKWASH INTO POOL, OVER GRASS OR DESIRABLE PLANTS.
• Backwash filter normally.
• Leave handle in backwash position.
• Shut off pump.
• Remove pump hair & lint pot cover.
• Remove filter drain plug.
• Allow water to drain from filter.
• Replace drain plug securely.
Application of Cleaner
• Fill a plastic pail with warm tap water
• Add FILTER FREE according to directions on bottle to warm tap water while
stirring with a wooden stick. The solution will turn red.
• Turn on the pump make sure that the filter handle is in backwash position.
• Slowly pour FILTER FREE solution into hair & lint pot with pump running.
• CAUTION: DO NOT let pump run dry between buckets of water.
• Continue to add warm water using two or more buckets full, until sand is
filter is covered. (about 1/2 D2 the volume of the filter).
• CAUTION: shut off pump at once, leave handle in backwash position, allow
to sit for 12 hours.
Resume Normal Operation of Filter
• Prime pump and backwash for 6 minutes or until water coming from backwash line is clear.
• NOTE: DO NOT allow solution to get into pool.
• Shut off power to the pump, put handle in filter position and restart the pump.